It is important that you annually check your Stormy Life Jacket to ensure that the inflation chamber has not sustained any cuts or damage as a result of your use of the product. Fishing and prolonged use increase the chance that a hook or spike has punctured the life jacket without your knowing, that could jeopardise the integrity of the lifesaving product.
1. Remove the CO² cylinder and ensure it has not been punctured without your knowledge (an indication your jacket has been fired is that the firing indicator is missing).
2. Orally inflate your Stormy Life Jacket by blowing in the oral inflation tube; ensure the life jacket is as full of air as possible.
3. Leave your life jacket over night in a safe place.
4. Check in the morning, if the life jacket has deflated at all then take it immediately to a Service Agent to be fixed. There could be air escaping from a puncture in the inflation system
5. If still hard, your jacket is in good working condition. Deflate by pressing the cap into the oral tube and pushing all air out of the life jacket. Lie the life jacket flat on the ground and push all air out of the jacket to ensure is empty.
6. Ensure the CO² cylinder and water activated canister (or blanking cap) are screwed tightly into the valve. Your Stormy Life Jacket is now good for use.